|PA Act 235|
Lethal Weapons Training - PA Act 235
Lethal Weapons certification, officially known as PA Act 235, is mandatory for all privately employed persons who utilize any type of a lethal weapon in the performance of their work. Lethal Weapons Training Academy is a state certified center for PA Act 235.
Information and official PA Act 235 application forms can be obtained from the Pennsylvania State Police lethal weapons training program website. To begin the Act 235 application process, You will need to download and print the following three forms.
Applicants should take each of the forms to their respective doctors for exam and completion. After completing form SP-200, the applicant should take it to the nearest PA State Police barracks, along with the fees. Upon completion of all required information the applicant will be fingerprinted by the PA State Police and your application forwarded to Lethal Weapons Training Commission for approval.
LWTA Registration Requirements for PA Act 235
2. Balance of registration fee due no later than first day of course.
3. STUDENT MUST have letter of approval from state Lethal Weapons Training Commission. This course CANNOT be attended while papers and approval are being processed by the state.
4. All students will furnish the following equipment for the first day of class:
• highlighter pen
• good belt capable of retaining equipment
• good belt holster
• serviceable handgun + 100 rounds of factory ammo
• Current Title 18 PA Crimes Code
5. Shotguns will be furnished by the Lethal Weapons Training Academy.
6. All required shotgun ammunition will be furnished by Lethal Weapons Training Academy.
Basic certification class - 40 hours - Cost $300.00
|Last Updated ( Tuesday, 20 November 2012 )|